Re: [Swftools-common] Problems with the graphs in PDF2SWF

From: Neal Murphy
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problems with the graphs in PDF2SWF
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:55:00 -0500

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 06:19 am, Baskar Ganesh wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a PDF which has a graph with some dotted horrizontal lines in one of
> the page. And after conversion in the graph image i found some horrizontal
> lines missing. Can anyone please give some suggestions why this is
> happening.

I've seen this happen in other applications (converting PS to PDF, or PS/PDF
to pixel map, for example). I can't say precisely why it happens, but I
believe it is related to  the line thickness, the position of the line, and,
most specifically, how the program 'analyzes' the bitmap when it performs any
necessary scaling. It is possible that the converter simply doesn't see the
lines while it is scaling the image.

Just for grins, see what happens when you make the lines thicker. For example,
try making the lines thick enough so that they end up one pixel thick after
the conversion. Then aim for 3/4 and 1/2 pixel.
--
Neal P. Murphy, CIO
  Diesel Hot Rod Association, Inc.