Re: [Swftools-common] Python modules

From: Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Python modules
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 12:03:02 -0200

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 03:59:17PM -0200, Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Nope, same error:

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>> ImportError: No module named gfx
>
> Hm, too bad. I'll have a look at this- might take some time, though.

Ok, I did some debugging and I have some new facts:

Python 2.5 does not search for DLLs when searching for modules
anymore, there is a bug report on that on their old bts:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-bugs-list/2006-April/033140.html

I used the workaround suggested on that post to try and load the
gfx.dll you pointed to me:

>>> gfx = imp.load_dynamic('gfx', os.getcwd() + '\\gfx.dll')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initgfx)

Then I looked around the gfx.c source and I am sure that there IS a
declared initgfx, I digged a little more to get the exported function
list from the gfx.dll that is attached to this message, there is
really no function called initgfx (at least I cant see it).

I hope this helps.

--
José de Paula Eufrásio Júnior (coredump)
MCSO, GRC Professional