Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF - Hidden Text issue

From: JL
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF - Hidden Text issue
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 17:20:57 -0500

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  I recall seeing mention of the remove_invisible_characters filter in some of the GIT comments back in May 2011.

I just tried both -asprint and --filter remove_invisible_characters with no noticeable difference.  The hidden text is still present on the output.

I am using the latest Windows Dev snapshot and not sure it that contains the same libraries/filters as the linux builds.  If I capture the output from the window conversion it does show "asprint = 1"  or something to the effrect of "remove_invisible_characters pass 2" so I assume it is trying to apply those, but still no change.  File size of the SWF is the same with regular conversion vs using either of these two flags so again I am not sure if any changes are really being done.

As mentioned, I appreciate the response.  I know this is a shadier side of the PDF spec.

Cheers

JL

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 10:29 AM, JL <address@hidden> wrote:
> On occasion I come across a PDF that has what Acrobat considers "Hidden
> Text"  Usually the only way to view this Hidden text is to perform "Examine
> Document" in Acrobat which it then gives you the ability to remove or view
> that hidden text.

Try

 pdf2swf -s asprint file.pdf -o file.swf

or

 pdf2swf --filter remove_hidden_characters file.pdf -o file.swf

.

Matthias