[Synaptic-devel] synaptic wants to install apache but I already have apa

From: Kevin Murphy
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic wants to install apache but I already have apache-perl
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:06:14 -0500

I'm using debian testing and synaptic (0.53.4), and I noticed after doing a reload of packages and smart marking of all upgrades that 'apache' is slated for installation, even though I already have apache-perl installed.

I don't know how to determine which package is asking for apache to be installed, and I also don't seem to be able to unmark apache; I click on the checkbox, choose "unmark", and nothing happens; apache is still listed in the 'Marked Changes' filter list.

Thanks,
Kevin Murphy