Re: [Synaptic-devel] Kynaptic Patch

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Kynaptic Patch
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:10:23 +0100

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 02:50:38AM +0000, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> This is a patch to make Kynaptic compile.  It was breaking on
> interface changes due to apt authentication being added.
>
> http://muse.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/kynaptic-apt-authentication.diff

Thanks. Your patch looks fine, I just applied it and commit the
changes to svn.

> Kynaptic look really nice but lacks some obvious features like being
> able to show a description of the package and proper KDE integration
> (it already depends on KDE libs).  Would there be interest in having
> this worked on?

Feel free to work on it :) I don't have time to work on it and Gustavo
is busy with other projects. Note that there are other projects
working on a apt frontend for kde:
* http://lpnotfr.free.fr/kde-apt (I don't know anything about them)
and
* Kapture (http://www.kalyxo.org/development.html):
  this is a very interessting project. We are in contact with each
  other and we plan to share a common library (like common/ now in
  synaptic)

> We're thinking about using it for a KDE Ubuntu.

I will help you with it as my time permits. It's nice to see interesst
in it :)

thanks,
 Michael