tcd-hackers

[Tcd-hackers] tcd 2.1.2-cvs-20031006 not 'working' at all

From: Jan Engelhardt
Subject: [Tcd-hackers] tcd 2.1.2-cvs-20031006 not 'working' at all
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:17:39 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I just downloaded the CVS tree, and after compiling, tcd says "No Audio". I
first thought it was due to SDL which probably did not knew devfs.
It did not (SDL only checks for /dev/cdrom, /dev/hd? /dev/scd? and /dev/sr?),
however I could either set the SDL_CDROM environment variable or link
/dev/cdrom to /dev/discs/cdrom0. So it was not SDL.

Puzzled about it, I traced through TCD and saw that the track list etc. is not
updated. It originally was in tcd_readtoc() in linux-cdrom.c, but that is not
called. This should be fixed before I can bend my patch(es) to patch against
CVS ;)

>Also mind differing it against CVS, there's no point in appliing your patch
>in the 2.1.0 released version.
However I am sure "patch" will get it right. But when I see the major
difference against 2.1.2, then again, maybe not.

--
- Jan Engelhardt