tcd-hackers

Re: [Tcd-hackers] tcd 2.1.2-cvs-20031006 not 'working' at all

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [Tcd-hackers] tcd 2.1.2-cvs-20031006 not 'working' at all
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:22:05 +0000

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 06:44:44PM +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> Works... well I think the changes in the diffs will work as they did in
> 2.1.0-hx1. I do not know how you (pl.) feel about attachments, so here comes
> those funky URLs again:

Generaly (in free sw projects) attachments are preferred. The reason is that
using URLs the patches are not stored in the ML archives and may be lost in
time. It's ok for this time though, I tested your patches a bit:

hx1: ok, commited.
hx2: fixed the borders but messed up the rest of the blue lines, have a look.
hx3: couldn't test it (because of the other bug with the GUI), but if it works
     with pre-SDL i'd commit it anyway.
hx4: won't compile, please have a look.
hx5: I don't mind, but since it's a personal aestethical issue I'll wait to
     see what Roland has to say.

> If it is in ChangeLog format, it can't be in diff format
> And unfortunately I was a bit more than brief, but never mind. ;)

No matter, I just wrote the ChangeLog entries for your patches (although I
only commited one of them yet).

> >And again, thanks for your interest.
> I needed a simple console cd player. I hated to start XMMS every time, and
> mplayer needs cdparanoia (and I do not like that cdpar option).

Good for you!

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)