tetum-translators

[Tetum-translators] Tetum Translator

From: Marciano Costas
Subject: [Tetum-translators] Tetum Translator
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:20:13 -0800 (PST)

Dear Administrator,

I am Marciano, Timorese 24 years old and living in Timor Leste/ East Timor. I am studying in Information Technology in Indonesia. Two years ago (2007) I learnt Linux (Fedora 7) and now I am learning Ubuntu 8.10.

I have looked many times to have TETUM as the language in LINUX. In Ubuntu 8.10 i have downloaded the source codes in English and I have begun translating it.

I would like to join in your team for Tetum Project, hopefully I can share something up there. I am ready to translate it into Tetum as our local language in Timor Leste aside from Portuguese one. Timor Leste is a new country, Linux will grow there fastly.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Many thanks.

Marciano.