texinfo-devel

Re: [5516] first support for quoting node names

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [5516] first support for quoting node names
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 21:40:01 GMT

    I found with using the NUL BS [
    style quoting it would crash the info browser for some reason

4.13 doesn't immediately crash for me on files with the image or index
markers (are you using a distro's info, or compiled from the original
source?), but anyway, I do have some memory of Sergey fixing a bug for
version 5 in this regard.

    SPACE BACKSPACE

See no benefit to that direction.

    I don't think there is much harm in using DEL.

Sure, unquestionably desirable for any new files to work as well as
possible with info 4.13, which argues for DEL instead of NUL-anything,
given your crashes.

The simplicity of using a single DEL does seem appealing.  Still, I
wonder if it would be more flexible somehow to use, say, DEL DEL as the
marker.  Then in theory we could use DEL <somethingelse> to do something
else in the future.  But I admit I can't think of what that could be.
Just thought I should bring it up so it can be considered.

Thanks,