[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacsQT minibuffer prompt implemented in the status bar

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacsQT minibuffer prompt implemented in the status bar
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 19:04:41 +0100

Hi all,

  my name is Miguel, I'm in the process of becoming a mathematician and I have been using TeXmacs for the last four years for all my tex-like work. Of course I love it and I'm very pleased to have now some spare time to work on it. Yesterday I submitted to Savannah's patch tool a small patch for a drag&drop feature in the "Open File" dialog (QT), which as a MacOS user I was definitely missing. But since I've noticed very low activity in Savannah, I'm now posting my second patch here.

I've just finished implementing what I think is the following item in src/Plugins/qt/TODO:

* Implement "minibuffer" interactions (currently a dialog pop up instead)

It's just displaying a couple of widgets in a new status bar instead of a pop up (then replacing the old one), so the code is basically the same as before plus two files in Plugins/Qt/, namely a QWidget ("QTMInteractivePrompt") to be inserted in the status bar, together with its header file. It behaves normally, accepting Return/Escape.

 However simple this might be, I do have one unsolved issue: since to make the widget "modal" I'm executing a local QEventLoop, resizeEvents are not being sent wherever they are meant to, and the canvas does not update if the user resizes the window while the interactive prompt is on. I guess I'd have to update the canvas, or whatever, from within QWidget::resizeEvent(). What should I do in there?

 I'm attaching a zip file with the svn diff from src/, (revision 3519) together with the two new files. The diff contains also the changes I made for my first patch, but those are minimal and should hopefully cause no trouble.

Regards,
Miguel de  Benito.