Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs development - Danger of taking me out

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs development - Danger of taking me out
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:26:13 +0100

Dear Victor,

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 11:20:11PM +0300, Victor Porton wrote:
> I am a beginning Scheme programmer and want to contribute to TeXmacs
> development.
>
> However I am stunned with the following problem:
>
> How to create a dynamic menu (filled from a list hold in a global variable)?
>
> I'm confused with these (tm-menu) etc.
>
> If you will not help me to start TeXmacs development, I may go out, because
> I'm stunned with this particular thing.
>
> Don't lose me!! Help me!

The dynamic menus have been reimplemented so as to make them easier to write,
even though no documentation is available yet. 'tm-menu (my-menu)' is equivalent
to 'menu-bind my-menu' for non-dynamic menus, but, contrary to normal menus,
dynamic menus defined using tm-menu can take parameters and there are several
primitives for generating the entries dynamically from Scheme.
Just grep the Scheme code for tm-menu in order to look at the existing
examples...

Best, --Joris