Re: [Texmacs-dev] Shortcut for "Find next match"

From: Jan Lellmann
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Shortcut for "Find next match"
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:42:24 +0200

I think the best option would be to have "search"/"search/replace" dialogs. There one could implement all kinds of useful features, like "search backwards" and "case sensitive" checkbox, "previous match" button, regular expressions mode etc. This seems to be the quasi-standard now under all OSes, and the current Texmacs implementation is really annoying for anything else but searching for simple terms that only occur once. For long documents, I always close the document and do the search/replace in a plain text editor on the .tm file.

So as a start, I'd strongly vote for keeping the shortcut always active.

Jan

The current Texmacs implementation is