Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compiling SVN on Linux

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compiling SVN on Linux
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:32:05 +0100

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 02:53:06PM +0000, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> Forgive me if this has been discussed to death, but I haven't seen much
> discussion on it re:-)
>
> If you use git then people can sit on commits a bit longer before they have
> to push them. Less rushing and more testing means less bad commits.

I don't see what using another versioning system would change.

The problem here is that people should always check whether things
work fine before committing. If you are tired (e.g. late in the evening)
and are not sure about what you are doing anymore, then please just take
some rest and commit the next morning. Commits are a matter of discipline,
whatever you use as a versioning system. I expect thorough testing if you
want to commit yourself. If you are not sure, then you should send a patch.

Thanks, --Joris