Re: [Texmacs-dev] [bug #24585] Plugins for scipy and matplotlib

From: Andrea Gamba
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [bug #24585] Plugins for scipy and matplotlib
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:13:07 +0100

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> wrote:
> The most useful feature of ipython is probably history browsing (with
> up-down arrows, etc.). I feel that this feature may be difficult to
> implement in TeXmacs, but I have no idea of the details. On the other hand,
> I think that it would be highly appreciated.

What do you mean by history browsing? Is it different from moving to
the thought to have a different kind of history browsing:
going back in the list of previously sent commands,
but while staying in the same input on the screen.
Is that what you want?

Yes, going back in the history while staying in the same input. Then you have the possibility to edit the previously sent command. Moreover you have Tab autocompletion: such as pl Tab -> plot(x,sin(x)) (taken from previous history). This is the kind of behavior that you have with ipython, I find it very convenient.

Andrea