Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compiling SVN on Linux

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compiling SVN on Linux
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:54:37 +0100

Miguel,
 I already use git-svn to maintain the mirror. You just have to clone from
there if you want to experiment with git.

https://gitorious.org/texmacs

if you want to push directly from svn (instead that from the mirror), for
example when I'm not there to update the mirror as often as you would like, you
can follow this recipe

# init working copy t
mkdir t
cd t
git init
git fetch -f address@hidden:texmacs/texmacs.git
'+refs/remotes/*:refs/remotes/*'
git checkout -b master trunk
# init git-svn
git svn init -s svn+ssh://address@hidden/texmacs
# fetch from svn
git svn rebase

In particular the last two command put in sync your local repo directly with
the savannah svn repo.

PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE: for the moment refrain from pushing directly from git to
svn (it is possible) but since it is not necessary let's do not experiment with
bugs in git-svn....

max