Re: [Texmacs-dev] trees

From: Michael Lachmann
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] trees
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 19:47:59 +0200

Michael

--

Michael Lachmann, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
Deutscher Platz 6, 04107 Leipzig, Germany.

On 2 October 2012 18:07, Sam Liddicott <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > Oh, yes - that is much better!
>>
>> I tried to implement that, but the environment variable (which I read
>> with (get-env ..., and set with <assign|, and defined with <new-env| )
>

> What are you saying about new-end? Why do you do that?

Well, the problem was that when I was inside a scheme session, and
tried to read the environment variable I assigned, there was nothing
defined - probably because it is defined only within the subtree of
the nf-chunk. So, when I know how to define values that continue
outside that subtree, maybe I won't need to call new-env....

I think it must be possible, because counters behave in this way -
their value is valid from a certain point in the document onwards.

Michael