therion-users

Re: [Therion] Translation to Portuguese

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [Therion] Translation to Portuguese
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 16:32:56 +0100

+++ Fa. FJH Toni Cavalheiro [06-05-03 10:57 -0400]:
> Hi Ladislav,
>
> Unfortunately I'm using a Windows box, and not a *nix machine. :(
> Is there another option without recompile the Therion?
>
> If I have to install a Linux, do you recommend any distribution?

If you just want to run GNU/linux in order to do this translation then a
live-CD is the way to do it - just boot your machine from the CD into Linux,
having no effect whatsoever on your machine. Knoppix is the most famous of
these but there are many other options too. I'd recommend the ubuntu live CD
for example.

Of course it would be good if you like it enough to actually install it on
your machine, in which case there is a more serious question about which
flavour might suit you. It depends on your expertise in computers, your
hardware (if you have stuff that might or might not be supported), and if
you are more concerned about freedom or convenience, pretty user interfaces
vs. command-line efficiency, a wide choice of software vs. typical desktop
applications, and so on.

There is only one distribution in the world which includes Therion as
standard. So if that is important to you then the choice is easy - Debian :-)

Wookey