tiger-user

Re: [Tiger-user] tiger-3.2.1.tar.gz.sig & freshmeat.net

From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
Subject: Re: [Tiger-user] tiger-3.2.1.tar.gz.sig & freshmeat.net
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:05:47 +0200

Bob Hall wrote:

Greetings,

When I go to the http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/tiger/ site
and try to pull the 'tiger-3.2.1.tar.gz.sig' file, it never
succeeds. Perhaps the file is corrupted? At any rate I believe
I need to read that file in order to verify the check sum of the
'tiger-3.2.1.tar.gz' file.

Actually, it's tiger-3.2.1.tar.gz.asc, and can be found at
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/savannah/files/tiger/stable.pkg/3.2/tiger-3.2.1.tar.gz.asc

Would anybody happen to have a correct md5 sum of
'tiger-3.2.1.tar.gz'? I'd like to try that version on my HP-UX
test system.

I will check why the files under http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/tiger/
are not correct.

You can find the correct MD5sums here:
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/savannah/files/tiger/stable.pkg/3.2/md5sums.txt
and here:
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/t/tiger/tiger_3.2.1-13.dsc

You can even double check your sources comparing Savannah's to Debian's.

On an unrelated note, has anybody tried going to the freshmeat
site for Tiger and voting on the rating?

  http://freshmeat.net/projects/tiger-audit/

It doesn't appear to be getting much attention at the moment,
perhaps due to a low vitality rating. Thank you.

I setup the project at Freshmeat some time ago and update it when new releases are avilable (for the benefit of the subscribers there). Since the vitality rating is based on the changes to the project and there are not that many changes there (URLs are ok, and new releases are spread out in time) it does not really measure the real project vitality. Actually, I rather have the "vitality" ratings calculated on sourceforge (not on savannah) which are based on the activity in the project's forums (bugs, patches, mailing lists) and on the CVS changes.

Best regards

Javier