Re: [Tinycc-devel] Creating .so files.

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Creating .so files.
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:17:17 -0500

On Wednesday 29 August 2007 6:12:01 am bifferos wrote:
> --- Rob Landley <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 29 August 2007 3:25:04 am bifferos wrote:
> > > I tried to produce a .so file with:
> > >
> > > tcc -shared -r dll.c -o test_dll.so
> > >
> > > but when dlopen()ing it I got the error:
> > >
> > > ./test_dll.so: only ET_DYN and ET_EXEC can be loaded
> > >
> > > Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
> >
> > What version are you using, and what platform are you using it on?
>
> I tried 0.9.23 on Slackware Linux 11.0.  I compiled the same source
> code with gcc -shared and it was loaded by my test program no problem.
> Then I looked on the list and then discovered the Mercurial repo, so I
> tried the tip of that, and got the same result.
>
> I take it that from your response I am typing the right compilation
> command?

Dunno, I'm not very familiar with this area.  (It's been around two years
since I needed to use dlopen() on a shared library, it's "pull out the man
pages" time and I assume you've already done that...)

Did you try doing the same thing with gcc?  If it works with gcc and not with
tcc, it's a bug and we need to fix it.  (Comparing the resulting binaries is
a good way to figure out what the heck's wrong, too...)

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.