Re: [Tinycc-devel] Creating .so files.

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Creating .so files.
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:30:42 +0200

bifferos wrote:

I now know why the .so doesn't load. It's because it wasn't an .so, but a .o file. you cannot combine -shared and -r options on the command line. The first sets the output format to DLL, the second sets it to OBJ, so you end up getting an OBJ file. I guess tcc could add a warning about combining these two options to avoid confusion. It's also a pity the -r option seems to be documented differently between the command-line help and the manual page!
> [...]

Note that "relocatable output" is another term for object file. Nevertheless I agree that the documentation could be clearer. Using -r is only needed to combine several .o files together. It is never needed in "normal" use.

Regards,

Fabrice.