tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Re: TLF and WPX-SSB 2003

From: rein
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Re: TLF and WPX-SSB 2003
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 17:23:44 +0100 (CET)

Hello Jaime,

tnx for the report...
See my comments.

Rein

---------%<-----------------------------------
> When you edit a call using the "up" key:
>       You can not "delete", just overwriting.
>       You can not go to the beginning/end of line

I have added this to the bug list as a Feature request

>       If you change the call, the prefix is not updated

I will add this to the bug list as a feature request. This will not mean
the score is also updated. See next line...

>       If you change the call, the score is not updated

This is a matter of philosophy. To update the score I have to re-read the
log to build the multiplier table. For 2500 qso's (an average score for
wpx) this takes a number of seconds. Do you want that? Moreover, if you
restart tlf (ctrl-C / tlf) you get the same effect, a rescore of the log.
I would prefer to go on logging until I have time for a manual restart.
The same is true for qso delete.

> When writing the cabrillo file, inputs are not checked so you can write
> what you want.

Added to the bug list as a feature request, low priority.

> The Contest is setup in the logfile, and maybe the MODE could also be
> set up to avoid errors when only SSB or only CW in the QSO checking for
> dupes or scoring and also in the cabrillo writing.

Added to the bug list as a feature request.

> What does exchange used mean when writing cabrillo?

In some contests the exchange given is fixed. In order to make tlf
flexible with respect to programming contests for the future you can tell
the cabrillo generator what exchange you have given (e.g. your name, your
age or your section/province). For the wpx this is not necessary as tlf
generates a serial number, and puts that into the cabrillo file.

> If i type "ALT+C" i think it doesn't work

ALT-c (show countries) does not make sense for the wpx, as you are looking
for prefixes, not countries. It is implemented for only some contests at
the moment, it is still work in progress.

I really like the

--
email: address@hidden, address@hidden