tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] problem with sound recordings?

From: Doug Smith W9WI
Subject: [Tlf-devel] problem with sound recordings?
Date: 01 Mar 2005 22:46:19 -0600

I was thinking about using TLF for the ARRL DX SSB this weekend, but...
can't get the sound recordings to work.

It looks to me like the "ph_message[n]" variable in the "record"
function in audio.c is not being set.  When I try to record (F1..F12
from the :SOU menu) I get a message from sox indicating something along
the lines of "the filetype of '' could not be determined".  Inserting
temporary code to print the contents of the "commands" variable shows
nothing after the device name.  (I see
"rec -w -r 8000 -d /dev/dsp", nothing else, no destination filename)
Telling it to simply print the contents of "ph_message[0]" at the top of
the case statement returns nothing.

Being a real novice in C, I've not been able to figure out where this is
supposed to be set, to tell whether it's a bug or something I'm doing
wrong.  (more likely the latter!)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66