tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] cwdaemon & TLF **SOLVED**

From: Ed
Subject: [Tlf-devel] cwdaemon & TLF **SOLVED**
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:32:01 -0500

This was not easy, but I managed to muddle through this. To save others that may be interested, but discouraged here is how I set up cwdaemon to work correctly with TLF using serial port keying.

I edited /etc/default/cwdaemon file and changed the following

DEVICE="ttyS1" this sets it to a serial port instead of a printer port and will now boot correctly instead of the default parport setting.

TXDELAY="0" this drops RTS to a low state since the common practice is to use DTR for CW keying and RTS for PTT for digi modes. The diagram included in cwdaemon will work if you drop the RTS connection for PTT. Be careful as some rigs may need to be keyed first. This was not true in my case using a TT Omni VI.

I hope this is useful to someone, as I spent several hours trying to get this up and running. BTW I just accidently came across the /etc/default file, I saw no mention of it anywhere.

I finally managed to turn off the sidtone by setting these 2 parameters in logcfg

souncard
soundcard_volume=0

Now the only sidetone output is from the rigs internal sidetone.

73

Ed W3NR