tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Tlf scoring for Stew Perry?

From: Mike Waters
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Tlf scoring for Stew Perry?
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 20:24:55 -0600

Thanks to Pat's help via e-mail, I was able to get tlf working for the ARRL 160. I have never used tlf before, and love it. I noticed that tlf's constant score update feature adds to the enjoyment of the contest as well as providing some incentive to keep going when a body gets tired. :-)

I know that tlf can be used in the Stew Perry for logging, but will not display the score. I would really, REALLY like to see it display the running score for the Stew (at the end of this month), which is based on the distance between grid squares.

I just did some searching and found some C source that I believe could be used for that here:

http://dev.unclassified.de/en/source/locator-distance
http://dev.unclassified.de/en/source/maidenheadlocator

There are links on those pages that appear to lead to more useful code, including Pascal, which I used to program in years ago. I've done very little in C.

I know nothing about the C source structure of tlf, and I was wondering if anyone could steer us in the right direction. I would appreciate any advice.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com