tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf scoring for Stew Perry?

From: Mike Waters
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf scoring for Stew Perry?
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 05:04:18 -0600

Hello Ervin,

That sounds good!

I found some more C source at http://www.dxzone.com/dx10894/locator.html. It's in the zip file at http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=10894 .

I know there are differences in C, such as C++ and C#, and I don't know if any of this code will work or not, or in which tlf source files to insert it before re-compiling.

73, Mike

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 1:06 AM, Ervin Hegedüs <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Mike,

On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 08:24:55PM -0600, Mike Waters wrote:
> Thanks to Pat's help via e-mail, I was able to get tlf working for the ARRL
> 160. I have never used tlf before, and love it. I noticed that tlf's
> constant score update feature adds to the enjoyment of the contest as well
> as providing some incentive to keep going when a body gets tired. :-)
>
> I know that tlf can be used in the Stew Perry for logging, but will not
> display the score. I would really, REALLY like to see it display the
> running score for the Stew (at the end of this month), which is based on
> the distance between grid squares.
>
> I just did some searching and found some C source that I believe could be
> used for that here:
>
> http://dev.unclassified.de/en/source/locator-distance
> http://dev.unclassified.de/en/source/maidenheadlocator
>
> There are links on those pages that appear to lead to more useful code,
> including Pascal, which I used to program in years ago. I've done very
> little in C.
>
> I know nothing about the C source structure of tlf, and I was wondering if
> anyone could steer us in the right direction. I would appreciate any advice.

may be I can help you in this - I otherwise be of interest of
distance calculation based on grid, and extend Tlf to VHF
contests. So, let's do it :)

73,

Ervin
HA2OS