tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf scoring for Stew Perry?

From: Mike Waters
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf scoring for Stew Perry?
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 15:37:13 -0600

Hello Ervin,

I didn't look up the details on the Maidenhead locator system grids. I think you are correct, and I'm the one who is wrong and confused here. :-)

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Ervin Hegedüs <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2. Check that the first two characters are uppercase letters a...z

may be I'm confused, but I don't understand, why do you want to accept all letters (A..Z) for first two place...? As I read, there could be only A..R:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maidenhead_Locator_System

'The first pair (a field) encodes with base 18 and the letters "A" to "R".'

I'm wrong?