tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 06:25:24 +0100

Hi,

here are my 2 ct's.

Am Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:26:11 -0500
schrieb Ed <address@hidden>:

> On 01/20/2014 11:36 AM, Zilvinas, AUGMA wrote:
> > Greetings all,
> >
> > I run tlf in qso mode also for everyday logging. I see the software
> > doesn't show WARC bands in "Worked" window.

Please see below.

> > The bandmap is also affected - I just made a qso with station and it
> > does note become "lower case".

That sems to be a bug in the bandmap logic. Thanks for reporting. I
will fix it in next time.

> > I do understand that the all the focus and efforts are concentrated
> > is made on contesting...
> > Are there any chances to get these bands 'recognised' in tlf ?
> > BTW bandswitching via hamlib is working OK.
> >
> > Just my 2 cents...
> >
> > 73 Zilvinas LY2SS
>
> This is in my qso mode rules file
>
> CONTEST=contest
> LOGFILE=qso.log
> CABRILLO=UNIVERSAL
> CONTEST_MODE

Better use 'CONTEST=qso' and do NOT use 'CONTEST_MODE'. If you would
like to see your qso numbers on the different bands add 'SCORINGWINDOW'
to  the rule file or activate it from running tlf with ':score'
If you would run tlf contest style (say for a DXpedition) than use
CONTEST=dxped.

Both settings allow to work all warc bands but give no contest scoring
for the qsos.

Because the limited place for the scoring window you will always see
only some of the bands. If you are on a non WARC band tlf will show the
contest bands only, as soon as you switch to a warc band you will see
the warc bands.

73, de Tom DL1JBE