tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] first time user F1-F3 questions

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] first time user F1-F3 questions
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 16:43:12 +0200

Hi Eric,

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 10:23:46AM -0400, Eric Tamme wrote:
> Im a first time TLF user, looking for a console based logger for
> contesting on a linux machine.

Welcome in out club! :)

> I've got things set up, but it seems that my function keys F1,
> F2, and F3 do not ... do what they should be doing.
>

> My Top bar has "1=CQ 2=DE 3=RST 4=73 ... " but the only Function
> keys that appear to map correctly are  F6-F9, which send my call,
> the dupe message, AGN, and ?  respectively.

which version are you using?

(tlf -V)

what you get when you type this command in terminal?

$ echo $TERM

My result:

$ echo $TERM
xterm

> If I could get some guidance on how to get my Function keys
> working properly, I think I could get TLF working well for my
> uses.

Fn keys are mapped for correct messages, but you can modify them
of course - but I think your problem is not that, guess some
terminal settings.

Which terminal emulator do you have?

73, Ervin
HA2OS