tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] first time user F1-F3 questions

From: Eric Tamme
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] first time user F1-F3 questions
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 10:51:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ervin,

I have tested compiling the 1.3 tag, as well as the version packaged in ubuntu 18.04 repos, but report as Version: tlf-1.3.0.

Source compiled from tag 1.3:

./tlf -V
Version: tlf-1.3.0

From repos:

tlf -V
Version: tlf-1.3.0

$ echo $TERM
xterm-256color

I am using GNOME Terminal 3.28.2

-Eric / KK0ECT

On September 25, 2018 at 10:43 AM Ervin Hegedüs <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Eric,

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 10:23:46AM -0400, Eric Tamme wrote:
Im a first time TLF user, looking for a console based logger for
contesting on a linux machine.

Welcome in out club! :)
I've got things set up, but it seems that my function keys F1,
F2, and F3 do not ... do what they should be doing.

My Top bar has "1=CQ 2=DE 3=RST 4=73 ... " but the only Function
keys that appear to map correctly are F6-F9, which send my call,
the dupe message, AGN, and ? respectively.

which version are you using?

(tlf -V)

what you get when you type this command in terminal?

$ echo $TERM

My result:

$ echo $TERM
xterm
If I could get some guidance on how to get my Function keys
working properly, I think I could get TLF working well for my
uses.

Fn keys are mapped for correct messages, but you can modify them
of course - but I think your problem is not that, guess some
terminal settings.

Which terminal emulator do you have?

73, Ervin
HA2OS