tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] CWOps CWT Contest

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] CWOps CWT Contest
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 19:18:54 +0200

Hi Eric,

I think I can answer some of your questions.

Am Tue, 25 Sep 2018 12:54:26 -0400 (EDT)
schrieb Eric Tamme <address@hidden>:

> Hi again all,
>

> I am looking to use TLF for running during CWT.  I have setup a basic
> contest file, but I have a couple of questions.
>

> The exchange is Name and CWOps number.  Is there a way for me to
> setup a prefill file that includes the CALL, as well as NAME and
> NUMBER - then have the name and number populate in the exchange field
> after I type in the call?

Prepare a file called 'initial_exchange' in the folder with the
logcfg.dat file.
Put a call and the exchange you want to see (e.g. the number) separated
by comma into it (one call per line).

e.g.
PA3XYZ,1297
DL4NNN,9999

> The manual says that using "+" switches between S&P and Run modes,
> but I cant see any visual indicator to let me know what mode I am in,
> or that anything is different after hitting +.

Have a look in the upper left corner. It should switch from 'S&P' to
'Log' and vice versa. 'Log' is run mode and S&P, you guess...

> I see in the bottom right "bands: all, modes: all, dupes: yes" .. I
> would like to change some of these settings, I looked in the template
> config and can not find anything related to band, mode or dupe
> configuration for a given contest file.

That is the configuration for the bandmap display if you are using
cluster support. You can configure it from running tlf by starting with
a '.' in the call field or can set the configuration in logcfg.dat via
the BANDMAP=... command (see the man page for details).

> Scoring is basically 1 point per callsign and each unique call sign
> is a mult - different bands do not count as an extra mult.  I am
> guessing the scoring I want is WYSIWYG_ONCE, is that correct?

Not quite. WYSIWYG_ONCE counts any unique item in the comment field as a
multiplier. Have a look for the UNIQUE_CALL_MULTI keyword. It is made
especially for contest like CWT. For your case you will need
UNIQUE_CALL_MULTI=ALL.

> I think that is all my questions ... for now ;)

I hope I could answer them. If not just come back ti the list.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea