Re: tramp (2.0.36); su and sudo hangs on FreeBSD when saving file

From: kai . grossjohann
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.36); su and sudo hangs on FreeBSD when saving file
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:01:29 +0200 (MEST)

> There's nothing in "*tramp/su localhost*" and "*tramp output*" buffer,
> and there's no tramp debug buffer show up.

Hm, without a debug buffer, I can't really say what's wrong.

Are you sure there is no buffer named "*debug tramp/su localhost*"?  Maybe
you were looking for "tramp debug" instead of "debug tramp" ;-)

If there is no *debug tramp/foo* buffer, then maybe the (setq
tramp-debug-buffer t) isn't taking effect?  Try C-h v tramp-debug-buffer RET
after the C-x
d step to see what's the value.

--
I just moved and started a new job.  Without Internet access
in my new home, response times will be high :-(