Re: tramp sticks at "Setting shell prompt"

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp sticks at "Setting shell prompt"
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:36:29 +0100

"e jobby" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to get tramp (ver 2.1.8) up and running in xemacs (vers
> 21.4.15with latest xemacs-base package). I am connecting from a linux
> machine to
> another linux machine (both redhat-like) with the remote account running
> zsh.

[...]

> After this the entire xemacs session freezes.

My bet: either your prompt includes escape sequences, or you are
suffering from the zsh line editor problem. Both problems are
described in the Tramp manual, chapter "Frequently Asked Questions".

If it doesn't help, please submit a bug report via "M-x tramp-submit-bug".
This will give us more information for analysis.