Re: vc-file-clearprops error on Win32

From: Kyle VanderBeek
Subject: Re: vc-file-clearprops error on Win32
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:39:38 -0700

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 11:41:17PM +0200, Michael Albinus wrote:
> Kyle VanderBeek <address@hidden> writes:
> >>
> >> Send me the resulting *trace-output* buffer.
> >
> > Mine is attached.
>
> Thanks a lot, that's very helpful. There is an error in
> `tramp-set-file-uid-gid', which prevents Tramp from proper working.
>
> Could you, please, apply the attached patch? If it doesn't help, I need
> the traces as above.

Thank you!  That works like a charm!  I have a fully working W32 tramp
with tab filename-completion; just what I always wanted.  I tested it
with and without traceback generation turned on.

I do have to say that the "swallow all chown errors" fix might not be
the right way to go about it; it seems like you're asking for a silent
error sometime down the road.  But I'm not going to tell you how to do
things.

Thank you again!  You made my day.

--
address@hidden
  Some people have a way with words, while others... erm... thingy.