uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] automatic RESET

From: H B
Subject: [Uisp-dev] automatic RESET
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 01:21:01 +0000

Hi, I am using uisp in my project, and it works very well, I have a board with an atmega128 it has a bootloader that behaves like an stk500 and I upload the software using uisp. To do that I wired a reset button to the board, to reset the board to upload (the bootloader comes in), and then reset again to start the program I upload. Is there a way using uisp in the stk500 mode to do the reset from the software and at the end of the upload reset the chip again? I am working on a pcb as well and I'd like to know what path to follow, regarding this, I was thinking of using one of the serial lines like the DTR to reset the chip from uisp?, i guess modifying alittle bit the code but some help in this will be really apreciated, how and where do you manipulate the serial lines etc.

thanks for your help,
best regards,

Hernando Barragan.

Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee when you click here. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963