uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] Bug in uisp?

From: Joakim Arfvidsson
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] Bug in uisp?
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 00:16:47 +0100

Yeah I see it's on the scale of seconds... won't be about that then.

This is the output with all occurrences or just the one with set_device (same output) having the last argument set to 2: (I also tried to add the third argument at some places where only two were used, to no visible effect)

Transmit: { V [56] }
Receive: { 2 [32] }
Receive: { 3 [33] }
Transmit: { v [76] }
Receive: { a [61] }
Receive: { a [61] }
Programmer Information:
  Software Version: 2.3, Hardware Version: a.a
Address Auto Increment Optimization Enabled
Transmit: { t [74] }
Receive: { U [55] }
Receive: { V [56] }
Receive: { . [13] }
Receive: {   [20] }
Receive: { ( [28] }
Receive: { 8 [38] }
Receive: { H [48] }
Receive: { L [4c] }
Receive: { 4 [34] }
Receive: { 0 [30] }
Receive: { l [6c] }
Receive: { h [68] }
Receive: { e [65] }
Receive: { ` [60] }
Receive: { d [64] }
Receive: { A [41] }
Receive: { B [42] }
Receive: { . [00] }

Trying with: AT90S1200
Transmit: { T [54] . [13] }
Receive: { . [0d] }
Programmer is not responding.

This is the output every time it "works", even the first time. So it's not usable. A strange thing is that it doesn't fail completely after as few attempts as before (one). Now I can get as far as the dump below shows up to 10 times before it once receives a 3, and all the following times receives nothing at all...

It's a 2313 chip by the way. Setting chip selection hard instead of leaving it automatic has no significant effect.

Finally, after having seen the above a few times (or one):

Transmit: { V [56] }
Receive: { 3 [33] }
Programmer is not responding.

And then only this, every time:

Transmit: { V [56] }
Programmer is not responding.

My local stores don't even have USB-serial adapters...

Thanks,
Joakim Arfvidsson