usbb2k-api-dev

[Usbb2k-api-dev] Request for info ...

From: Lee Taylor
Subject: [Usbb2k-api-dev] Request for info ...
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:08:16 +0200

Greetings ...

 I recently found the usbb2k project and found that it might fit my needs for another project.  Bought myself a SkypeBox, which is the closest thing I could find localy and started going through all the maillists to better understand what I now have.

 Two patches were post to the mailisting, but not included in CVS.  I could repost them with a few things added, if anybody is interested.

 I would like to ask a few things, if possible ... Does anybody know what else this little devices might be able to do?

 I see in the TODO, that caller ID is something to work on ... Is this a hardware feature or is this a software thing?

 I noticed that if the unit is switched to USB, then it would not ring the incoming PSTN call on the handset, is this maybe a bug or by design?

 After reading almost all the mail in the maillists, I too wondering, if anybody has been able to find out if the B2K box is able to report the incoming ring to the USB system.

 Last question for tonight, has anybody rig the B2K box up as a SIP/PSTN answering machine?

Thanks
Mailed
Lee