vcdimager-gui-devel

Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] What about 'endlist's ?

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] What about 'endlist's ?
Date: 29 Nov 2001 18:08:17 +0100

On Thu, 2001-11-29 at 15:13, Laurens Koehoorn wrote:
> Can anyone tell my how I should take care of an EndList (for svcd10+) ?
> Can I handle it as were it a Selection-/Play-Item, so it can be added to
> their list as an item (list item)? Can I use such for for example a
> 'TimeOut'-item ?
it is syntactically equivalent...

> Or should it be left alone and is it a "standalone" pbc-item?
I'm not sure, what you mean by 'standalone'....

> If the item is added to the PBC, does it matter where it's located or should
> it always be at the end of the PBC?
well, it _should_ be at the end of a pbc... vcdimager won't yell at you
if you doesn't, but so far all video cd's I've seen, do carry end list
as the last pbc nodes...

btw, usually it makes no sense having more than one endlist in a vcd; as
they don't carry any information (except for the 'extended' end lists
which are defined for the full SVCD specs...)

hope this helps...
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key