Re: [vile] middle click

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] middle click
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:36:26 -0400

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 08:28:54AM -0700, Mike J Dougherty wrote:
> > summary:  try turning off xterm-mouse, or use shift when cutting/pasting.
> >
> > or, maybe something entirely different is going on, in which case
> > we'll both be glad that tom is not only the vile maintainer, but also
> > the xterm maintainer.  :-)
> >

> OK, excellent. Thanks for the response. However, how do I turn it off?
> I've tried "set xterm-mouse=off" in my .vilerc, but that doesn't seem to
> do it. There doesn't seem to be any indication in the help to describe
> how to enable/disable this feature.

That's supposed to work - with the old copy (9.4) I've got on this host, it
seems to do the right thing.  There's the possibility that setting it
in .vilerc isn't working, e.g., one of my rewrites moved the initialization
past the .vilerc (or that we've misunderstood the question).

I'll check on this at home...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net