web-hurd

Re: linking to savannah

From: M. Gerards
Subject: Re: linking to savannah
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:19:28 +0100

Quoting Marcus Brinkmann <address@hidden>:

> I realize that there are problems updating the web pages right now.
> We'll have to sort that out some time.

Did someone contact the savannah maintainers?

> Anyway, that's no reason not to think about improvements.  I just
> checked and it seems there is no visible link to the Savannah web site
> right now.  As there is quite some activity going on there (for our
> standards), now that we are seriously using it, how about adding that.
> Maybe in the side menu (jsut below related projects), but also in the
> development section, I guess.

Yes, this is quite important.  I even think we have to link to some wiki pages.
For example there is a small task list on the wiki and a task list on
savannah.  All those lists should be reachable from hurd.gnu.org (IMHO).

It is also important that the l4-hurd page (the unofficial one) will be removed
and that we add our own.

I can work on the first thing (the tasks stuff).  Just remind me of all things
I promissed to do when CVS works again for the webpages.

There are also some other pages about the Hurd on gnu.org, someone has to look
them up and make sure they are up-to-date.

Thanks,
Marco