wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] possible game_events cleanup

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] possible game_events cleanup
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 18:44:00 +0100

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 05:33:37PM +0100, Guillaume Melquiond wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 17:06:23 +0100, Yann Dirson <address@hidden> wrote:
> > While studying my wesnoth dependency graph[1], I found strange that
> > config has a dependency on game_events.  It looks like the only real
> > need is a single call to game_events::get_variable_const(), so I had a
> > close look at game_envents in the hope of separating variables in
> > their own file.
>
> Although your graph does not show it, serialization/string_utils has
> the exact same dependency on game_events. Please keep it in mind when
> trying to fix one, the other one also needs to be fixed (and the same
> fix will work for both).

Oh, my graph does not show it for a very simple reason -
string_utils.cpp has the following prototype !

namespace game_events {
std::string const &get_variable_const(std::string const &varname);
}

A first move for this would be using a variable.hpp header.  It would
be used by those files that currently include game_events.hpp just for
the sake of variables (ie. config, string_utils, and those making use
of server/variable.cpp, which could be renamed some day to something
more adequate (src/variable_noop.cpp ?)

--
Yann Dirson    <address@hidden> |
Debian-related: <address@hidden> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: