wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Orcish Slurbow

From: Susanna Björverud
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Orcish Slurbow
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:17:18 +0200

Hej igen,

Från: Richard Kettering <address@hidden>
Datum: den 7 april 2005 10.06.28 MET
Till: Susanna Björverud <address@hidden>
Ämne: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Orcish Slurbow

No "new" strings, except perhaps for the name - even the description is identical to the crossbow.
Cut and paste can translate this unit.
The name is 'bad' enough, and I do not think having identical descriptions are a good idea. I am uncertain what you mean by cut and paste, if they truly are identical, then the existing translation will work, if they are not,
then it is a matter of cutting and pasting in 26 different languages.

But - I thought the string freeze had been temporarily lifted after Ayin's change, hadn't it?

No.

FYI, I will not rerun update-po before release. By announcing the string freeze I have made a pledge towards the translation teams that the current string set is static. I will not break my pledge. This will however mean that if the Slurbow is included in the upcoming release, _no_ language will be completely translated in that release.

/Sanna