wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] Riderless Gryphon Proposal

From: James Spencer
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] Riderless Gryphon Proposal
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:47:28 -0400

dibblethewrecker('s girlfriend[?]) is having this problem:

ranger moves next to sleeping gryphon on "gryphon mountain", HttT.
Ranger is attacked by awake gryphon, sleeping gryphon also attacks
without waking up, misses ranger but takes damage. Sharpshooter
attacks sleeping gryphon, gryhon wakes up and recovers all damage

drachefly adds:
There's also the issue of being attacked by a unit which is asleep at
the time...

So I propose this:
"
Use store like Turin said so the HP change is preserved... Since it's
a little unfair that the sleeping Gryphons 'bite' set their movement
type to 'none' and give them a 10-1 attack (AKA- they wake up enough
to attack once)... I'd also set the 'waking' gryphon's movement type
to 'fly' with the riders modifications... Now since you get the jump
on them I'd like to give them +5 HP, that and the fact they have a
'better' movement type for where they are will make them harder to
deal with...
"

Since I'm playing in the unit tree I though I'd ask first.