wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Promoting theme dialog to preferences

From: Jordà Polo
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Promoting theme dialog to preferences
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:11:28 +0200

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 04:08:39PM -0400, John McNabb wrote:
>       The theme dialog box using ":theme" has now been around long
> enough that people ought to have had a chance to test it.  There is at
> least one other developer besides myself who would like to see it moved
> all the way up to being linked off the preferences menu.Are there any
> strenuous objections to doing this for the next (0.9.2) release?

While I really like the :theme box, I'm not sure about the idea of
moving it to the preferences dialog...

 1) Do we really want to have all the options of wesnoth in the
 preferences dialog? I think we already have a considerable amount of
 options there.

 2) In a game like Wesnoth, I would prefer to have a very good default
 theme (one that works for most people), rather than many themes.

If the current theme is not good enough, that is probably my fault. I
would like to do some changes, but I have not had the time.

> One
> reason for putting it in the main preferences is to get more feedback
> about what should be in the default theme, as well as to encourage others
> to learn to use the theme engine.
> Thoughts?

Very good point. It would be good to get more feedback from users, and
encourage others, but how good is the current documentation? IIRC, we
lost some parts of it due to wiki failure.