wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] make should not alter files in CVS

From: John McNabb
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] make should not alter files in CVS
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:31:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Guillaume Melquiond wrote:
> On 4/28/05, John McNabb wrote:
> >         I have found it a little irritating that the current make scheme
> > invalidates/update nearly all files in the po directory.
>
> Hmm... It doesn't for me, everything works fine: the files are updated
> only when I explicitly ask for it, not when I build the code and
> install Wesnoth. Which make-target are you building?

I usually am just using 'make' with no target.  This means it should be
targeting the first target in the Makefile, and looking through the
auto-generated make script this looks like 'all'.  There are a lot of
targets.  Is there one that I should be using instead of the default which
will do what I want?

thanks
john.

        "In theory, theory and practice are the same,
                but in practice they're different."
John W. C. McNabb