wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] make should not alter files in CVS

From: John McNabb
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] make should not alter files in CVS
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:09:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hey all,
        I have found it a little irritating that the current make scheme
invalidates/update nearly all files in the po directory.  This means that
when updating from CVS, the process is significantly slowed down by
waiting to get all the file "changes" merged.  I presume that this is part
of the whole translation mechanism, so I don't want to go willy-nilly
changing the scheme, but is there any way to have the make scheme not do
this without overhauling the translation mechanism?  Maybe push the
translation parsing code that generates this into a 'make translate' and
remove it from the default?

Yes, I know that I could specify updating individual directories and files
to update, but I often like to make sure that my whole wesnoth directory
is up to date and I don't want to just run a single (simple) command to do
this.

        "In theory, theory and practice are the same,
                but in practice they're different."
John W. C. McNabb