wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Translatinos in 1.0

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Translatinos in 1.0
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 21:01:36 +0200

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 10:24:30PM +0200, Nils Kneuper wrote:
> I really think it would be great to have options of displaying it, if
> a translation is incomplete. I really like the warning, because all
> translations could be shiped by default.
> But I think it is not really possible to add this for 1.0, simply
> because of the feature freeze. It can cause new bugs and problems. For
> example: how to find out, if there should be a warning or not?
> I would really like to have such a feature, but i do think it will not
> make it into 1.0. But the idea really is good...

We could start by only setting a flag on a global basis, possibly in a
new game.cfg section, and append " (incomplete)" to the relevant
translations.  That would be quite easy to do, and has only a small
potential for disruption.  That may be true also for a simple warning
dialog to be displayed both when a language has been selected, and at
startup.

Dave, would we be allowed to implement this minimal handling at this
time ?  I expect the handful of pre-1.0 releases still to come to be
able to smooth out problems if any, and we could even revert it before
1.0 if it turns out to cause real problems...

Best regards,
--
Yann Dirson    <address@hidden> |
Debian-related: <address@hidden> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: