wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Translatinos in 1.0

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Translatinos in 1.0
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 19:59:17 +0200

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 07:59:34PM -0500, David White wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I think this patch is too complicated to add after a
> feature freeze. It modifies a data file, and four functions across three
> source files. It takes me longer than two minutes to comprehend. This
> leaves the possibility of bugs being added and so I can't allow it.
>
> It's far more complicated than, say, my change to add 'berserk' back in,
> which is about the furthest I would be happy to violate feature freeze by.

Well, there is another option to achieve the more than what this patch
does, in a more safe manner, although it is short-term only.

We can simply add the literal " [incomplete]" suffix to the strings in
language.cpp, and sort them manually to move the incomplete ones to
the end of the list.  We can even add some completion ratio or
anything we want to that string if we feel like it would help our
users to decide :)

Does that sound better ?

Best regards,
--