wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] New project member

From: Nobuhito Okada
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] New project member
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 01:42:59 +0900

2005/6/6, Nils Kneuper <address@hidden>:
> Is it okay for you, to post your email addy (in the form 'okyada AT
> gmail DOT com') in the wiki as a reference for questions concerning
> asian fonts? Have a look at the page
> http://wesnoth.slack.it/?WesnothAsianLanguages .

Yes, it's okay!  Feel free to do so.

> Maybe you could give
> some more informations in there and have a look at the other wiki-pages
> concerning translations and add the font stuff as needed. Would be good
> to have more info in the wiki. This could (hopefully) prevent some font
> probs.

I heard many Japanese people still have troubles displaying Japanese
characters because in many cases, they just forgot to copy the font
into the "fonts" folder of Wesnoth installation directory. (e.g.
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77848 )
Normally, they expect to use the new fonts just after they install
them onto system by prepared way for X11 or MS-Windows.
I have no idea how this can be realized on Wesnoth.  But if somebody
are interested to implement it, I'd love to help them.

And I'm also interested... did you get any questions or feedbacks from
Chinese people ?
We got a great support for improved text-wrapping in Japanese
sentences from Ayin in 0.9.0.  I hope it is working fine also with
Chinese languages.
--
okada