wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] KISS Solution to user campaign stability problems

From: ott
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] KISS Solution to user campaign stability problems
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:45:12 +0200

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 06:25:55PM -0500, David White wrote:
> I've committed a fix by making
> preprocess_file() once again modify the map that's passed in with the
> new defines. This means that user campaigns will inherit the defines map
> from the parse of game.cfg as they should.

Further investigation shows some odd behaviour.  With every campaign
server download present, I successively tried to run each campaign that
was selectable in the Campaign menu (ie. all downloads that are not just
content packs, and that pass the basic syntax check).  I summarised the
current state of all campaigns in the thread, the same place as before:
    http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6463

Currently 10 campaigns appear in the Campaign menu but break when trying
to start them, with an error that indicates scenario not found.  I find
it odd that all 10 fail exactly the same way.

Further, some of these campaigns seem to completely break the campaign
dialogue.  Apparently depending on the sequence of campaigns one tries and
which ones one has installed (I had at various times different versions
of the 6 campaigns which are broken but work when the campaign file is
newline terminated, some with the newline error fixed and some not),
some of these 10 will show a scenario not found error, and then the
campaign menu will show a corrupted list, with some campaigns missing.
In one case the campaigns menu showed two user campaign entries (not
even the five mainline campaigns were present).  Restarting the game
clears this up.  This seems to support silene's statement on IRC that
config corruption is occurring.

-- address@hidden