wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Fix progress display (issue #339) (!391)

From: Darshit Shah
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Fix progress display (issue #339) (!391)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 08:57:53 +0000

Darshit Shah commented on a discussion on libwget/bar.c:

>       _bar_slot_t *slotp = &bar->slots[slot];
>
>       xfree(slotp->filename);
> -     slotp->filename = wget_strdup(filename);
> +     if (++slotp->numfiles == 1) {
> +         slotp->filename = wget_strdup(filename);
> +         slotp->bytes_downloaded = 0;
> +     } else {
> +         char tag[128];

There are two options here:
1. We immediately truncate the filename to the maximum size
2. We keep the entire filename in the buffer. This option is useful if we
decide to implement the scrolling filename in progressbar that is in Wget1.x

In case, we want option 2, then it makes sense to dynamically allocate enough
memory to completely store the entire filename without truncating. In this
scenario, even 120 chars is not large enough.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/merge_requests/391#note_95084356